Building record MDR13044 - Former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Repton Road, Hartshorne
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian - 1790 AD to 1800 AD)
- None recorded
The Wesleyan Methodists have a place of worship at Hartshorne that was built about 60 years ago [written in 1857]. (1) There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880 and the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. (2-3) The Wesleyans erected a chapel at Hartshorne about a century ago [written in 1895]. (4) By the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 20th century, this chapel has been superseded by a larger one to the west (see SMR 20245). (5) The building is still extant and appears to be in use as a residence . (6-7)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 357.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. pp 753-4.
- <5> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <6> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <7> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 16/09/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3233 2119 (12m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||HARTSHORNE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 29 2014 3:08PM