Building record MDR13045 - Hartshorne Methodist Church, Repton Road, Hartshorne

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

A Wesleyan Methodist Chapel first appears here on the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 20th century. It supersedes a smaller chapel to the east (see SMR 20244). (1-2) The church appears to still be in use as a place of worship [2011]. (3-4)

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
  • <4> *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 16/09/2011.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 3231 2119 (10m by 19m)
Civil Parish HARTSHORNE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jul 29 2014 3:08PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.