Monument record MDR13049 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (site of), High Street, Woodville
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1750 AD to 1882 AD)
- None recorded
The Wesleyan Methodists have a small chapel at Woodville [written in 1857]. (1) There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (2) The Wesleyans erected a handsome new chapel in Woodville in 1894 [see SMR 28141]. (3) The chapel has fallen out of use by the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. It appears to have been superseded by a larger chapel to the west (see SMR 28141). (4) The building has since been demolished . (5)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 359.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 754.
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3177 1887 (32m by 31m)|
|Civil Parish||WOODVILLE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 2 2017 11:58AM