Building record MDR13059 - Former Primitive Methodist Chapel, Lees
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Hanoverian - 1835 AD to 1835 AD)
- None recorded
The Primitive Methodists have a chapel in Lee that was built in 1835. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (2) A Primitive Methodist Chapel was erected in 1835, but it is not now used [written in 1895]. (3) It is labelled as a Primitive Methodist Chapel on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900, but it is not labelled on the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 20th century, indicating that it had fallen out of use by this time. (4-5) The building now appears to be in use as a residence . (6-7)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 184.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 736.
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <6> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <7> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 29/09/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2647 3725 (7m by 7m)|
|Civil Parish||DALBURY LEES, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 29 2011 4:49PM