Building record MDR13066 - The Gateway Christian School, Moor Lane, Dale Abbey
Type and Period (1)
- ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Victorian - 1869 AD? to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire for 1912 records a 'Public Elementary School (mixed), erected in 1872 and since enlarged, for 100 childrent; average attendance, 58'. (1) Originally a Church of England school, built in 1869 and extended in 1893. It was redundant and empty in 1978. (2) A school, built in 1869 and extended in 1893. The school is built of red brick beneath a plain tile roof with decorative bands. The front elevation is single storey. To the left is a pair of four-light mullioned windows. To the right is a two-light mullioned window and, beyond, a projecting flat roofed extension. (3)
- --- SDR24768 Unpublished document: Jacklin, A (ARS Ltd). 2020. An Archaeological Watching Brief at Gateway Christian School, Dale Abbey, Moor Lane..
- <1> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 136.
- <2> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(e).1, with photo.
- <3> SDR21473 *Internet Web Site: Erewash Borough Council. List of buildings of local interest. www.erewash.gov.uk. LL/758.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4374 3890 (24m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||DALE ABBEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 15 2021 7:25PM