Building record MDR13072 - Former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Chapel Street, Coton in the Elms

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (1) The Wesleyans have a chapel in Coton in the Elms. (2) The chapel remains in use in the early 20th century. (3) The building is now in use as a Parish Hall [2011]. (4-5)

Sources/Archives (5)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 731.
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
  • <4> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
  • <5> *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 13/10/2011.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 2472 1528 (13m by 12m)
Civil Parish COTON IN THE ELMS, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Aug 29 2017 9:53AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.