Monument record MDR13073 - United Methodist Free Chapel (site of), Main Street, Rosliston
Type and Period (1)
- UNITED METHODIST FREE CHAPEL (Victorian - 1873 AD to 1873 AD)
- None recorded
There is a United Methodist Free Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1882. (1) The Free Methodists have had a chapel in Rosliston since 1873. (2) It is still in use as a place of worship in the early 20th century. (3) The building appears to have since been demolished and the site has been redeveloped . (4-5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 806.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 13/10/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2459 1654 (19m by 22m)|
|Civil Parish||ROSLISTON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 3 2015 1:41PM