Building record MDR13076 - Former Baptist Chapel, Caldwell
Type and Period (1)
- BAPTIST CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1785 AD to 1882 AD)
- None recorded
The Baptists have a small chapel at Caldwell [written in 1857]. (1) There is a General Baptist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (2) In Caldwell, there is a Baptist chapel that was founded in 1785. It has 100 sittings. (3) The building still appears to be extant, but is no longer in use as a place of worship . (4-5)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 381.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 92.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 20/10/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2545 1737 (9m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||CAULDWELL, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 25 2015 2:55PM