Building record MDR13087 - Baptist Chapel, Mount Pleasant Road, Mount Pleasant
Type and Period (1)
- BAPTIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1882 AD to 1882 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Baptist Chapel situated here on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900 that is not present on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (1-2) The Baptist Chapel at Castle Gresley will seat 400. It is built of pressed bricks, with ornamental stone dressings, and cost £313. It was built in 1882. (3) The chapel is still in use as a place of worship . It has been extended to the rear. (4-5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 724.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 21/10/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2883 1695 (27m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||CASTLE GRESLEY, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 12 2018 1:38PM