Building record MDR13088 - Methodist Chapel, Mount Pleasant Road, High Cross Bank
Type and Period (2)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1862 AD to 1867 AD)
- SCHOOLROOM (Victorian - 1880 AD to 1880 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel and school situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map. (1) The Primitive Methodist Chapel at Castle Gresley was erected in 1862, at a cost of £650, and enlarged in 1867. It will seat 250. In connection with it is a fine schoolroom, erected in 1880 at a cost of £672. (2) It is still in use as a place of worship . (3-4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 724.
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 21/10/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2833 1750 (28m by 31m)|
|Civil Parish||CASTLE GRESLEY, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 12 2015 10:55AM