Monument record MDR13097 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Hastings Road, Swadlincote
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1886 AD to 1886 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated here on the 2nd and 3rd edition 25" OS maps of the late 19th-early 20th century that is not present on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. It appears to supersede a smaller chapel to the east (see SMR 26927). (1-3) The Primitive Methodists have a chapel in Coppice Side, which was rebuilt in 1886. (4) The chapel has since been demolished and the site has been redeveloped . (5-6)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 823.
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <6> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 03/11/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3000 1915 (24m by 26m)|
|Civil Parish||SWADLINCOTE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 6 2015 11:59AM