Monument record MDR13098 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Coppice Side, Swadlincote
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1882 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated in this approximate location on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. By the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900, the chapel has fallen out of use and appears to have been superseded by a large chapel to the west (see SMR 26926). (1-2) The Primitive Methodists have a chapel at Coppice Side that was rebuilt in 1886 [see SMR 26926]. (3) It is not known if the building is still extant . There is a building along Coppice Side that may be the former chapel; otherwise, it is likely to have been demolished. (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 823.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||SK 3020 1911 (point)|
|Civil Parish||SWADLINCOTE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 18 2016 5:01PM