Building record MDR13100 - United Methodist Free Chapel (site of), Chapel Street, Church Gresley
Type and Period (1)
- UNITED METHODIST FREE CHAPEL (Victorian - 1876 AD to 1876 AD)
- None recorded
There is a United Methodist Free Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (1) The members of the United Methodist Free Church have a place of worship in Church Gresley. It is a plain brick building that was erected in 1876, at a cost of £600. It will seat 300. (2) The chapel has since been demolished and the site has been redeveloped . (3-4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 723.
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 03/11/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2931 1819 (31m by 33m)|
|Civil Parish||SWADLINCOTE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 4 2014 5:54PM