Monument record MDR13101 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Market Street, Church Gresley
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Hanoverian to Victorian - 1831 AD to 1882 AD)
- None recorded
The Primitive Methodists have a chapel at Church Gresley that was erected in 1831, and rebuilt in 1850 [exact location of this chapel is not certain]. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel that is situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. It appears to have been demolished and superseded by a chapel that was built to the south by the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900 (see SMR 26931). (2-3)
- <1> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 723.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2983 1859 (19m by 13m)|
|Civil Parish||SWADLINCOTE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 5 2013 12:32PM