Monument record MDR13103 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel and Sunday school (site of), York Road, Church Gresley
Type and Period (2)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1881 AD to 1881 AD)
- SUNDAY SCHOOL (Victorian - 1875 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel and a Sunday school situated here on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900 that is not present on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (1-2) The Wesleyan Chapel was built in 1881, and will seat nearly 300. It is a plain building of brick, and cost £600 including the site. (3) The buildings have since been demolished and replaced with a modern Methodist Church . (4-5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 723.
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 03/11/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2963 1873 (59m by 51m)|
|Civil Parish||SWADLINCOTE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 20 2014 4:57PM