Monument record MDR13105 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (site of), Station Street, Church Gresley

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated here on the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 20th century that is not present on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. It appears to have superseded an earlier chapel directly to the south (see SMR 26933), which is then used as a Sunday school. (1-2) The building has since been demolished [2011]. (3-4)

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
  • <4> *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 04/11/2011.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 2871 1787 (17m by 24m)
Civil Parish SWADLINCOTE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jan 12 2015 10:55AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.