Semi detached pair of late 19th/early 20th century houses with rich terracotta and molded brick dressings and chimney stacks with recessed brick panels. No. 292 retains many original features, including sash windows with a top sash divided into ten panes over a plain bottom sash, and a ground floor rectangular bay on the left hand side surmounted by a timber cantilevered balcony. This runs over the original panelled and glazed entrance door, which has an elaborate semi-circular peacock fanlight and two terracotta pilasters to either side of the architrave. The fanlight and windows on No. 290 have been altered but a full width timber balcony over the rectangular and canted ground floor bays remains. The houses were built in 1888, possibly by Derby Alderman Boam. No. 290 now forms part of the adjacent hotel, while no. 292 is a private residence. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3456 3513 (25m by 24m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 22 2014 4:37PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.