Skip to main content

Building record MDR13148 - No. 11 Camden Street, Derby

Type and Period (1)

  • (Victorian - 1863 AD to 1863 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Mid 19th century decorated cottage ornée style villa with an ‘L’ shaped plan form, originally sitting in its own plot of land. It has a slate-covered pitched roof with a decorative bargeboard on the gable end facing Camden Street. There are projecting brick eaves and verge courses and blue brick string courses. The windows and doors have been altered and one chimney has been truncated. Formerly known as 4 Camden Street, this villa was built in 1863 and possibly designed by E. du Sautoy, for Jonathan Farndon, a surveyor. In the mid 1880s it was occupied by a Mrs Johnson, from 1890 to the First World War, and by a tailor, T. William Peach, in the 1930s. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List.



Grid reference Centred SK 3399 3576 (12m by 12m)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Sep 22 2014 4:37PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.