Triangular cast iron boundary marker on Normanton Lane, Littleover. The marker is painted white with black lettering. On a flat panel at the top is a circular crest beneath which is inscribed 'BOUNDARY OF / THE BOROUGH / OF DERBY'. Below this the post is triangular with a sloping top on which is inscribed 'APRIL 1st 1928' and on the sides 'PARISH OF LITTLEOVER' and 'PARISH OF DERBY'. (1)
Triangular metal parish boundary marker, located near Doctors Surgery. Littleover Parish/Derby Parish boundary. (2)
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 14.27, with photo.
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 63.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3369 3391 (1m by 2m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 10 2015 12:06PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.