Monument record MDR13188 - Outbuildings and kennel (site of), Swanwick Hall School, Derby Road, Swanwick

Type and Period (2)

  • (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
  • (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

A range of outbuildings around a courtyard, with a kennel further to the east, are shown on the 1st ed. 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880. Comparison with Sanderson's map of 1835 suggests they were present at that time also. (1, 2) The kennel had been demolished by the early 1930s, although some of the other outbuildings might survive. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Sanderson, G. 1835. Twenty Miles round Mansfield.
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1937-38. OS County Series, Third Revision, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 4061 5306 (85m by 50m)
Civil Parish SWANWICK, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Nov 13 2020 10:39AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.