Building record MDR13198 - Former Methodist chapel, Hollins, Brampton

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

A rectangular building to the west of Hollins House, Brampton, is marked on the 1st ed. 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880 as 'Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan)'. (1) The 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900 shows it as 'Chapel' while the 3rd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map has 'U.M. Church'. (2, 3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 3226 7178 (11m by 9m)
Civil Parish BRAMPTON, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Dec 13 2012 12:12PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.