Monument record MDR13200 - Pinfold (site of), The Green, Weston on Trent
Type and Period (1)
- POUND (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Late 19th century Ordnance Survey maps show a pinfold at the north-eastern corner of The Green. (1, 2) The pinfold was removed in the early 20th century, as it is no longer shown on the 3rd edition Ordnance Survey map. (3) In 1978 this was a small area of grassed land traditionally regarded as part of the village green. (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 19.1, with photos.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4053 2828 (11m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||WESTON UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 4 2016 11:38AM