Monument record MDR13202 - Dalley Wash, Belper Lane End, Belper
Type and Period (1)
- WELL (Georgian to Victorian - 1750 AD to 1900 AD)
- World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
The 1st ed. 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880 marks a roadside well on the east side of Belper Lane End, and depicts it as a long narrow structure divided into three with the long side parallel to the road. The field wall curves around to the rear of the feature. (1) The 2nd edition of c. 1900 no longer shows the compartmented structure and simply marks a 'P' for pump. (2) Nothing is depicted on the 3rd edition, although the field wall continues to curve around the site of the feature. (3) This is known locally as Dalley Wash. Local residents began to clear away the debris from this feature in 2009.
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3338 4909 (7m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||BELPER, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM