Monument record MDR13214 - River lock (remains of), near King's Mill Lane, Weston upon Trent
Type and Period (2)
(Georgian to Victorian - 1762 AD to 1900 AD)
(Stuart to Georgian - 1690 AD to 1762 AD)
Loading documents & images
At c. SK 414272 are the remains of one of only two locks constructed between Shardlow and Burton on Trent. The other, near Burton, has disappeared. The lock at Weston on Trent was initially a wooden flash lock of c. 1699. It was subsequently converted to a wooden pound lock by 1731 and rebuilt in stone in 1762 at a cost of £850. Photographs taken in 1976 and 1991 show how the remains had deteriorated over that period. (1) [Possibly now just outside Derbyshire]
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 11.2, with photos.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4147 2726 (42m by 74m)
WESTON UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 19 2016 12:33PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.