Monument record MDR13255 - Glossop Mill (site of), Corn Street, Glossop
Type and Period (4)
- FLOUR MILL (Stuart to Victorian - 1700 AD to 1900 AD)
- CORN MILL (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD)
- WATERMILL (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1900 AD)
- MILL POND (Stuart to Victorian - 1700 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A mill is shown on this site on Burdett’s map of 1767. The corn mill, with a mill pond immediately to the north, is shown as being in use on the OS map of 1921. However, it was demolished prior to 1928 . (1, 2) The site is suggested to be that of Glossop's medieval corn mill, belonging to the lord of the manor. (3)
- <1> SDR3582 Map: Burdett, RP. Survey of Derbyshire, Began in the Year 1762 and finished in the Year 1767.
- <2> SDR21193 Unpublished document: Stroud, G. 2001. Extensive Urban Survey: Glossop. Archaeological Assessment Report.. Feature 11.
- <3> SDR21104 *Internet Web Site: http://www.glossopheritage.co.uk. Website viewed 22/05/2012.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 0393 9432 (47m by 118m)|
|Civil Parish||GLOSSOP, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 14 2017 12:42PM