Skip to main content

Monument record MDR13258 - Mossy Lea Reservoir, Mossy Lea Farm, Charlesworth

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Mossy Lea Reservoir was constructed privately in 1840 by the Duke of Norfolk in order to store water for his own use and for the use of other mill owners. It was taken over in 1929 by the Glossop Corporation Waterworks which became part of the Manchester Corporation Waterworks in 1959. Mossy Lea Reservoir is no longer in service. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Quayle, T. 2006. The Cotton Industry in Longdendale and Glossopdale. p 61, p 65.



Grid reference Centred SK 0573 9463 (242m by 130m)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Aug 13 2015 9:07AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.