Monument record MDR13261 - Bridgefield Mill (site of), Primrose Lane, Glossop
Type and Period (2)
- COTTON MILL (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- MILL POND (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
'Bridgefield Mill (Cotton) (In Ruins)' is depicted on the 1st ed. 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880, with a mill pond shown on the east side of Bridge Lane (later Slatelands Road). (1) At least some of the mill buildings had been demolished by the end of the 19th century, as indicated by the Ordnance Survey's 2nd edition of 1898. The pond is marked 'Old Mill Pond'. (2) The pond appears to have been filled in at some point in the first two decades of the 20th century. (3)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 0284 9359 (155m by 138m)|
|Civil Parish||GLOSSOP, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 15 2017 3:52PM