Monument record MDR13262 - Turnlee Mill (site of), Turnlee Road, Glossop
Type and Period (2)
- COTTON MILL (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- MILL POND (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
'Turnlee Mill (Cotton) (In Ruins)' is depicted on the 1st ed. 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880, with a mill pond shown to the south-east of the buildings. (1) The buildings are annotated 'Turnlee Mill (In Ruins)' on the 2nd edition of 1898, and the pond is marked 'Old Mill Pond'. (2) In the early 20th century the buildings were demolished and the pond filled in. Allotment Gardens are shown on the 3rd edition Ordnance Survey map. (3)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 0305 9341 (76m by 72m)|
|Civil Parish||GLOSSOP, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 17 2015 2:53PM