Building record MDR13278 - Privy at Poplar Farm, The Village, Dale Abbey

Type and Period (1)

  • (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1882 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

A double-seater privy near Poplar Farmhouse. It is square in plan with a pyramidal roof. The walls are of slag or clinker with brick dressings. It is 19th century in date. (1) The privy appears on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. It is still present on modern OS mapping [2012]. (2-3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(g).5.
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 4359 3877 (2m by 2m)
Civil Parish DALE ABBEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jun 29 2012 11:32AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.