A little evidence has been found to establish the medieval origins of Radbourne Park, but in a different position to the present day park surrounding Radbourne Hall [see SMR 24307]. The surviving name 'Old Park Farm' suggests there had been an earlier park, and field name evidence from 18th century maps gives clues as to its position. The western boundary travels up the side of Brichwood, picking up some curving hedge-lines to encompass the plot of 45 acres known as 'The Parke' in 1711. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Wiltshire, M & Woore, S. 2009. Medieval Parks of Derbyshire. pp 138-139.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 2765 3614 (723m by 1118m)
RADBOURNE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 19 2012 2:09PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.