Monument record MDR13355 - Mission Room (site of), Sheffield Road, Nether Moor, Killamarsh
Type and Period (1)
- MISSION HALL (Victorian - 1891 AD to 1891 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory, there was a Mission Room of corrugated iron, seating 300, built in 1891 at a cost of £300, defrayed by the rector and his friends. (1) There is a Mission Room situated here on the 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1895. (2) Modern maps indicate this has now been demolished. (3)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 249.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR21424 Personal Observation: Greenwood, N. Personal observation based on map evidence, site visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4554 8115 (21m by 37m)|
|Civil Parish||KILLAMARSH, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 28 2012 11:28AM