Monument record MDR13357 - Methodist (Free United) Chapel (site of), Kirkcroft Lane, Killamarsh
Type and Period (1)
- METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1875 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory, the members of the United Methodist Free Church have a place of worship in Killamarsh. (1) There is a Methodist (Free United) Chapel situated in Kirkcroft Lane on the 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1895, not shown on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map c. 1880. (2) (3) Modern maps show that this building appears to have been demolished and replaced by a residence. (4)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 249.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. website accessed 28/11/2012.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4589 8091 (16m by 27m)|
|Civil Parish||KILLAMARSH, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 4 2016 4:09PM