Monument record MDR13362 - Methodist Chapel (Free United) (site of), Main Road, Renishaw, Eckington
Type and Period (1)
- UNITED METHODIST FREE CHAPEL (Victorian - 1869 AD to 1869 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory there was a United Methodist Chapel, or Free Church, and schoolroom in Renishaw, built in 1869, at a cost of £1,200, the site being the gift of F.R. Appleby, Esq. (1) There is a Methodist Chapel (Free United) situated on Main Street, Renishaw on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1895. (2) Modern maps show this building as being demolished. (3)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 238.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR21424 Personal Observation: Greenwood, N. Personal observation based on map evidence, site visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4516 7780 (23m by 29m)|
|Civil Parish||ECKINGTON, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 1 2015 4:15PM