Building record MDR13365 - Methodist Chapel (Primitive), Chesterfield Road, Eckington
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1877 AD to 1877 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory, there was a Primitive Methodist chapel on Chesterfield Road, Eckington. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated on Chesterfield Road on the 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1895. (2) Modern maps show the building is still extant and still used by Methodists. The building was extended towards Chesterfield Road (south-east) in 1996, as shown by a date carved into the lintel above the door. A date stone has been re-instated in the new extension stating "Primitive Methodist, 1877." (3)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 237.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. website accessed 29/11/2012.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4175 7880 (18m by 18m)|
|Civil Parish||ECKINGTON, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 22 2022 2:16PM