Building record MDR13366 - Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan), Marsh Lane, Eckington

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

According to Kelly's Directory, there was a Wesleyan chapel at Marsh Lane. (1) There is a Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan) situated at Marsh Lane on the 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1895. (2) Modern maps show this building is still extant, with a date stone above the door stating "Wesleyan Church 1886". Maps show the building is now in use as a community centre. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 258.
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <3> *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. website accessed 29/11/2012.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 4050 7912 (30m by 29m)
Civil Parish ECKINGTON, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jan 10 2017 2:17PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.