Building record MDR13368 - Methodist Chapel (Primitive), Wessington
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1849 AD to 1849 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory, the Primitive Methodists had a chapel in Wessington Village, erected in 1849, at a cost of about £100, and will seat about 100. It was in the Alfreton circuit. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated in Wessington on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880, presumably that referred to by Bulmer is 1895. (2) Modern maps appear to show this building as still extent, but no longer used as a place of worship. (3)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 695.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR21424 Personal Observation: Greenwood, N. Personal observation based on map evidence, site visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3725 5771 (6m by 9m)|
|Civil Parish||WESSINGTON, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 21 2016 2:40PM