Building record MDR13372 - Methodist Chapel (Free United), The Green, Brackenfield

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

According to Kelly's Directory, The United Methodist Chapel in Brackenfield was an edifice of brick. Erected in 1890, at a cost of £160, and seating 150 persons. (1) There is a Methodist Chapel (Free United) situated in Brackenfield on the 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900, presumably that referred to by Kelly in 1912. (2) Modern maps show the building is still extant and in use as a Methodist Chapel. (3) (4)

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 67.
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <3> *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. website accessed 03/12/2012.
  • <4> Personal Observation: Greenwood, N. Personal observation based on map evidence, site visit etc..

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 3667 5881 (23m by 23m)
Civil Parish BRACKENFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Dec 3 2012 10:32AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.