Monument record MDR13378 - Baptist Chapel (site of), High Street, Stonebroom, Shirland and Higham
Type and Period (1)
- BAPTIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1877 AD to 1877 AD)
- None recorded
According to Kelly's Directory, there was a Baptist chapel in Stonebroom, erected in 1877, with 300 sittings. (1) There is a Baptist Chapel situated here on the 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1990, presumably that referred to by Kelly in 1912. (2) Modern maps shown this building as being demolished. (3)
- <1> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 398.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR21424 Personal Observation: Greenwood, N. Personal observation based on map evidence, site visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4136 5965 (31m by 37m)|
|Civil Parish||SHIRLAND AND HIGHAM, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 3 2012 3:35PM