Monument record MDR13389 - Methodist Chapel (Primitive) (site of), Cavendish Street, Clay Cross
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1848 AD to 1849 AD)
- None recorded
According to White's Directory, the Primitive Methodists had a place of worship in Clay Cross which was erected in 1849. (1) According to Bulmer's Directory, the Primitive Methodist Chapel in Clay Cross was erected in 1848, at a cost of £700. (2) According to Kelly's Directory, the Primitive Methodist chapel in Clay Cross sat 620 persons. (3) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel, with a Sunday School next door, situated on Cavendish Road in Clay Cross on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880, presumably that referred to by White in 1852, Bulmer in 1895 and Kelly in 1912. (4) Modern maps show this building to no longer be extant, replaced by the Job Centre building. (5)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 792.
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 84.
- <3> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 124.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR21424 Personal Observation: Greenwood, N. Personal observation based on map evidence, site visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3928 6348 (54m by 56m)|
|Civil Parish||CLAY CROSS, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 16 2017 10:00AM