Building record MDR13390 - Baptist Chapel, Market Street, Clay Cross
Type and Period (1)
- BAPTIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1862 AD to 1867 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory, the Baptist Chapel in Clay Cross was erected in 1867, at an expense of £500. (1) According to Kelly's Directory, there was a Baptist Chapel in Clay Cross built in 1862, with 250 sittings. (2) There is a Baptist Chapel situated on Market Street in Clay Cross on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1867 and Kelly in 1912. (3) Modern maps show this building as extant and still in use as a Baptist Church. (4)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 84.
- <2> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 124.
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. website accessed 06/12/2012.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3931 6343 (13m by 26m)|
|Civil Parish||CLAY CROSS, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 16 2017 10:00AM