Monument record MDR1340 - Gorse Redshaw Mine, Ashford-in-the-Water
Type and Period (3)
- None recorded
A small square mine coe, (unroofed), dating from the early 19th century. The coe is of drystone wall construction, the remains measuring 1.6m tall by 2m across, and with a shaft in the centre (diameter 1m). (1).
- <1> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. C18; Willies, L M; 1973.
- <2> SDR13045 Photograph: Willies, L M. 1973. Gorse Redshaw Mine.
- <3> SDR12555 Personal Observation: Parker, R M. 1990. Pers. Comm..
- <4> SDR19111 Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. Gorse Redshaw Mine, Ashford.
- <5> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XXIII.14.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 17583 67917 (16m by 15m)|
|Civil Parish||ASHFORD IN THE WATER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 12 2008 3:35PM