Monument record MDR13403 - Salem Chapel (Primitive Methodist) (site of), Chesterfield Road, North Wingfield

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

According to Bulmer's Directory, the Primitive Methodists had a chapel near Alma colliery, North Wingfield, called Salem, erected in 1864, at a cost of £350. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Salem Chapel situated near Alma Colliery, North Wingfield on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1895. (2) Modern maps show this building is no longer extant, it has been replaced by a residence. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. P 95.
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <3> Personal Observation: Greenwood, N. Personal observation based on map evidence, site visit etc..

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 4101 6579 (28m by 16m)
Civil Parish NORTH WINGFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jan 11 2018 2:24PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.