Monument record MDR13404 - Mount Tabor Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), Hepthorne Lane, North Wingfield
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1870 AD to 1870 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory, the Primitive Methodists had a chapel in Hepthorne Lane, North Wingfield called Mount Tabor. It was built in 1870, at an expense of £300, and enlarged in 1893 at an outlay of £100. (1) There is a chapel situated in Hepthorne Lane on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880. (2) The 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900 shows this building as a Primitive Methodist Chapel, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1895. (3) Modern maps show this building has been demolished. (4)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 95.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR21424 Personal Observation: Greenwood, N. Personal observation based on map evidence, site visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4046 6485 (17m by 18m)|
|Civil Parish||NORTH WINGFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 11 2018 2:25PM