Building record MDR13411 - Methodist Chapel (Primitive), Nuttall Terrace, Doe Lea, Heath and Holmewood
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1892 AD to 1892 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory, the Primitive Methodists had a chapel at Doe Lea Cottages, built in 1892. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated at Doe Lea on the 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1895. (2) Modern maps suggest this building is still extant, but not in use as a place of worship. (3)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. P 89.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR21424 Personal Observation: Greenwood, N. Personal observation based on map evidence, site visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4575 6643 (32m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||HEATH AND HOLMEWOOD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 14 2017 11:22AM