Building record MDR13414 - Methodist Chapel (Primitive), Littlemoor, Ashover
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1858 AD to 1858 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory, the Primitive Methodists had a chapel at Littlemoor, built in 1858. (1) There is a Methodist Chapel (Primitive) situated at Littlemoor on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1895. (2) Modern maps show the building is still extant but no longer used as a place of worship. (3)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 42.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR21424 Personal Observation: Greenwood, N. Personal observation based on map evidence, site visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3627 6301 (10m by 12m)|
|Civil Parish||ASHOVER, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 12 2012 11:02AM