Building record MDR13427 - Primitive Methodist Chapel, Main Road, Cutthorpe, Brampton
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1837 AD to 1837 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory, the Primitive Methodists erected a chapel in Cutthorpe in 1837, and enlarged it in 1867 at a cost of upwards of £100, raised by subscription. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated in Cutthorpe on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1895. (2) Modern maps show the building to still be extant and in use as a Methodist Church. (3)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 54.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR21424 Personal Observation: Greenwood, N. Personal observation based on map evidence, site visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3469 7350 (12m by 22m)|
|Civil Parish||BRAMPTON, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 24 2015 9:00AM