Building record MDR13429 - Methodist Chapel (Primitive), Millcross Lane, Barlow
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1892 AD to 1893 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory, the Primitive Methodists had a chapel at Commonside, built by subscription in 1893, at a cost of £408. (1) According to Kelly's Directory, there was a Primitive Methodist chapel in Barlow, erected in 1892. (2) There is a Primitive Methodist chapel situated in Common Side on the 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1895 and Kelly in 1912. (3) Modern maps show this building to still be extant, with an extension to the rear, and in use as a Methodist Church. (4)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 51.
- <2> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 49.
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR21424 Personal Observation: Greenwood, N. Personal observation based on map evidence, site visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3399 7539 (52m by 40m)|
|Civil Parish||BARLOW, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 22 2023 9:32AM