Monument record MDR13434 - Primitive Methodist Chapel (site of), St John's Road, Unstone
Type and Period (1)
- PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1880 AD)
- None recorded
According to Bulmer's Directory, the Primitive Methodists in Unstone worshiped in a corrugated iron structure. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist chapel situated in Unstone on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880. (2) Modern maps show this building has been demolished. (3)
- <1> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 231.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR21424 Personal Observation: Greenwood, N. Personal observation based on map evidence, site visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3745 7741 (37m by 36m)|
|Civil Parish||UNSTONE, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 25 2017 4:37PM