Monument record MDR13442 - Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan )(site of), Manor Road, Brimington

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

According to White's Directory, the Wesleyans had a chapel in Brimington, built in 1806. (1) There is a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel situated in Brimington on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880, presumably that referred to by White in 1857. (2) The 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900 shows this building was no longer in use as a place of worship. (3) Modern maps show this building is no longer extant, it has been replaced by a residence. (4)

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 703.
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <4> *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. website accessed 19/12/2012.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 4055 7316 (22m by 16m)
Civil Parish BRIMINGTON, CHESTERFIELD, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Sep 14 2017 11:22AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.