Building record MDR13476 - Methodist Chapel (Primitive), Newbold Road, Newbold

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

According to Bulmer's Directory, the Primitive Methodists have a small chapel at Newbold, erected in 1890, at a cost of £450. (1) There is a Primitive Methodist Chapel situated in Newbold on the 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900, not shown on the 1st edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1880, presumably that referred to by Bulmer in 1895. (2) Modern maps show this building is still extant, it is in use as Newbold's Community Centre. (3)

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 91.
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <3> Personal Observation: Greenwood, N. Personal observation based on map evidence, site visit etc..

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 3703 7284 (30m by 30m)
Civil Parish CHESTERFIELD, CHESTERFIELD, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Nov 27 2015 11:44AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.